Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Two Year Stats

Magnolia had her 2 year well baby check-up with Dr. Ally today. Maggie was super excited/anxious about going to see her pal Dr. Ally. She even told me yesterday "I no cry go see Dr. Ally" which meant she wasn't going to cry when she went to see Dr. Ally. She also told me "I get ball at Dr. Ally's." Somehow she remembered from her 18 month well baby check-up that she gets a token after her shots to go get a bouncy ball! She was very tough when getting her shots again. She did cry though, but recovered quite quickly!

Here's the stats:
Weight: 26 pounds, 40%ile
Height: 33 inches, 25%ile
Head Circumference 49cm, 85%ile

She actually moved up off her growth curve a bit, just a little bit though! Dr. Ally agreed that she's doing amazing! We discussed how Maggie's advanced language and cognitive skills seem to be more her focus over her gross motor development, which has a lot of emerging skills right now, but is a bit behind. Maggie's really starting to work on those big motor tasks like running, jumping and climbing now though.

Ally was also very pleased to hear that we got a new camper, and that Maggie's getting out in the wilderness a lot! Ally's apparently a big fan of vintage campers too!

Ally commended Zac and I for staying on top of a well rounded, less processed food diet for Moo. She of course has been there since the very beginning when we had discovered that Maggie had the soy/dairy protein intolerance.
She agreed with our dentist that Maggie needs to get into see him now for her first dental exam, so we'll be getting that scheduled soon.

I think that's about all the news though! Our next well baby check is a whole year away now!!!

1 comment:

The Luangaphay Family said...

I was just comparing Pennington's 1 year old stats to Maggie's 2 year old stats. I'm guessing it was a typo to say her head is 49 cm around. :) That would be a very large head.