Monday, August 2, 2010

Breathe Mommy, Breathe...

I often write about the things that Maggie does each day that I just LOVE, the things that melt my heart, those things that make you think, "and that's exactly why I wanted to be a mother."
BUT, it's time to tell the whole story. There are certainly those times where you all of a sudden think, "Really!?!? Is this the cool part about being a mom, cause this really kind of sucks!"
Like today for example, when I pick up my cute little girl, and hear she hasn't napped at all today. This wasn't a big surprise since her and her friends just transitioned to their new classroom, which was fun and exciting, but, there's no nap room anymore. Maggie was super happy at school all day, super happy in the car on the way home, then all of a sudden it hits. The "Mommy HOLD ME! I NEED a BUGSY!" "I NEED milk. No want to play! Maggie EAT!" All mixed with lots of screaming and crying and throwing herself on the floor---over and over again. She wants me to make her dinner, but she doesn't want me to put her down. She wants milk, but not in the purple cup. She wants her bugsy, but not the green one. Tye-dye blanket is stuck, and she needs help! Now she's mad I helped her, because she really wanted to do it herself!

And this is when I told myself to BREATHE! I then repeatedly moved my tantruming daughter to the couch, and managed to get her some dinner made. After a little food in her belly she returned to her cute adorable self. She decided to play with her babies, she took a nice bath, read her books and passed out almost a half hour before her bedtime!

This is the reality of being a mother. You get all the good, the bad, the amazing, and all the down right shitty that your child has to offer. You love your child no matter what they do. You love them at their worst and at their best all the same, but you sure do have to breathe through it some days.

I love you so Magnolia!

No comments: