Monday, December 22, 2008

BEST Baby EVER!


Our Maggie Moo


Ahhh, she's sooo cute, I can barely stand not kissing her for 5 seconds!


Yes, we are letting her tushie get some air to help with the diaper rash


Boston's definitely going to be her motivation to roll to her stomach!

So in addition to Maggie's food allergies, and all the symptoms that result from that, she also has a cold with an ear infection that has left her with a very congested nose, a low grade fever, and a horrible diaper rash. The diaper rash is of course due to the antibiotics we went ahead and started on Saturday. I know, just when you thought my child couldn't possibly have something else go wrong, somehow something else magically goes wrong!

The reason she's the BEST baby EVER, is because she's amazingly still a happy girl. She gets a little sad when her bottom is getting wiped, but doesn't even cry when I flush her nose with saline then grab the bulb syringe. She's so sweet--it makes it kind of hard on me to watch her be so laid back about her current rough health patch. I keep remembering her first doctor's appointment, when she was just a few days old, and Dr. Ally said, "She's perfect. There is absolutely nothing wrong, no jaundice, no feeding challenges...nothing!"

I think we might be making up for that now.

Developmental Update: She's saying "boo" fairly clearly in imitation occasionally, she's sooo close to rolling from back to stomach (especially if Boston's near by and in reaching distance), and she's putting herself to sleep for naps and bedtime, when she wakes up in the middle of the night occasionally she needs more help.

No comments: