Friday, November 12, 2010

What a night...

Just before bedtime Maggie started to complain that her stomach hurt. She had some diarrhea, so I made her a cup of her kid's tummy trouble tea to drink while we read our bedtime books, and she seemed to be feeling better when I put her to bed. It was taking her FOREVER to fall asleep, and she kept yelling at me that she had to go potty. I'd sit her on the potty and nothing would happen. Then as I crawled into bed I heard her gasp, and her bugsy fly across the room, then a huge splatter. I ran to her room, and there she was all teary eyed. She said "Mommy, I threw up in my crib." And she sure did.
Now the worst part is that I'm a single parent this week/weekend. Meaning my husband is 5+ hours away in Moscow. Trying to comfort Maggie, clean her up, clean up the floor, the wall, her crib, and the bedding was quite the task for a Mommy. I sure was missing Zac!
I eventually got everything all cleaned up (including Maggie) and got her all tucked into my bed. Withing 30 minutes she was throwing up again. She continued to throw up every 20-30 minutes until after 4 am, so for 7 hours!
Sara and Grandma Tara were on call in case I needed someone to make a trip to the store for some Pedialyte and popcicles. At first Maggie wouldn't drink anything, but after awhile she started to drink as much as she could between throwing up, which helped so much, just so that she had something to throw up. When she would start to dry-heave she'd whisper "Mommy, I trying, I can't throw up"----SOOOO SAD!
I'm exhausted to say the least, and I'm madly trying to get the laundry and craziness of the night all cleaned up before she wakes up. Thank goodness she's gotten a couple hours of sleep now though! Let's hope this was just a quick 12-hour bug that's come and gone!

Thank goodness for my loving dog! The only way I could get Maggie all comforted and calmed while I ran around frantically trying to clean up was to have Boston lay right with her, which is exactly what Boston did---and is still doing now as pictured above.
Thanks for filling in for Daddy B!

No comments: