Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Night Time Drama

My goodness, we have had quite the rough patch at bedtime with our little Maggie Moo! It all started with her getting sick over the weekend. Zac and I have always brought Maggie to our bed when she's really sick, but besides those occasions, she always sleeps in her crib independently. We haven't really ever helped Maggie fall asleep either, she's always done that all on her own. Its always felt as though when we tried to help her it just made it harder for her to fall asleep. When she did it herself it was quick and easy.

So on Saturday night Maggie decided that she was going to become frantic when it was time to go to bed. And I mean FRANTIC. Screaming, crying, telling us that she's going to throw up over and over again. Obviously this is all stemming from that fantastic stomach flu we had (did I mention I got it too?), where the poor little thing got sick in her crib, and then proceeded to vomit 15 more times throughout the night.
The first night she became upset we weren't so sure she wasn't going to throw up, so Zac kept getting her up, sitting with her as they held her new favorite accessory, the throw-up bucket, in their lap until finally she was so exhausted she couldn't stay awake. The next night she screamed and screamed. Zac and I took turns holding her, and finally I sat next to her crib with her until she fell asleep, it was almost 11pm. Then she woke up at 4 am doing the same thing, and we just brought her to our bed. Last night, a repeat of the night before, but insert Zac next to her bed until she fell asleep. Tonight...I opted for the extreme...we brought out the big girl bed and talked about how she gets to move to her new bed soon. We set up our antique bed, and plan on getting a mattress and box spring from Grandma Crist tomorrow. I also gave her a little bit of ginger candy before bed and told her that it helps you so you don't throw up (somewhat truthful). I held her for a minute, laid her down, and told her I'd check on her in five minutes...she's not screaming. She is however still awake, we've checked on her a bunch, and it's almost 10pm!!!!!! Wish us luck!
The scene in our bed as I woke up this morning---it just looks like a rough night doesn't it?

2 comments:

Gonzo said...

Daddy was out cold!

Grandma Crist said...

Look how darling they are! :)