Night 2: Mommy lays down with Maggie. Maggie and Mommy fall asleep fast! Mommy wakes up at 2:30am, as Boston is crawling under the covers---yep, that would make Mommy, Maggie and Boston all in a twin size bed. Mommy goes to her bed. 3:30am Maggie wakes up and shouts "Daddy, I have to poop!" Daddy takes her potty, and I hear her whisper to him "Daddy you come sleep in my bed with me." He does. Maggie wakes up in the morning and comes into our room and wakes me up. She says "Hi Mommy! Daddy's sleeping in my big bed!"
Night 3: Mommy and Daddy explain to Maggie that she's going to go to sleep in her big bed by herself tonight. She asks "But what if I throw up?" We tell her that we'll come check on her in five minutes. She snuggles in, and lets us leave her room without any trouble. One minute ago...Maggie shouts "Daddy, I have to go poop!" Her and Daddy are in the bathroom right now, and I can hear her talking up a storm trying to delay this sleeping by herself thing as long as she can!
I know, I know people. Why did we even lay down with her in the first place? It just looked so cozy, and neither of us could resist curling up and cuddling our cute little Moo! We do know though that we probably made some extra work for ourselves. We'll see how the rest of tonight goes, and if Zac and I actually end up in our own bed at all. It kind of seems like the reverse of how it usually goes for families. Usually it's the child that keeps crawling into the parent's bed to go to sleep right?
2 comments:
Melissa,
Just remember it will be the moments of snuggling you will remember in 20 years, not how long it took you to not sleep in her bed. Enjoy the time, it will be gone before you know it.
I would have done the same thing. We miss you guys. Do you have time to get together on Saturday or Sunday?
Post a Comment