Sunday, August 31, 2008

Of Course Our Child Would Have Allergies!


Mommy and Maggie's story time. She's loves listening to her books. I told Zac it was worth it to read to my pregnant stomach for all those months.


Maggie's new favorite hold. It makes her tummy feel so good!

Well, since my last post, we've had some new surprises from Miss Maggie. On Thursday we went to go meet her daddy for lunch at the park, and while changing her diaper I noticed there was some blood in her stool. We called into her pediatrician, and of course they had us come right in. On Monday, Dr. Ally had mentioned to me that if the reflux medicine didn't seem to work, as a last resort we would check one of her stools for blood to look for a possible milk protein allergy. I didn't think too much about it, because she told me it was very rare that this is the case, especially with breastfed babies. So after our second visit of the week to the pediatrician, I'm on a no milk protein (which means a lot more than just not eating dairy products) and a no soy diet. No soy because 30-60% of babies with milk protein allergies are also allergic to soy. This of course is all in an attempt to keep breastfeeding, which is supposed to be the best option for helping babies NOT develop food allergies--ahh, fun times!

Anyways, I'm trying to remain very calm and positive about the whole situation. I'm just hoping we can get it all resolved so she can feel better. I guess it takes about two to three weeks for us to get the milk proteins out of our bodies. I guess one positive is that eliminating this many things from my diet has to help me loose the baby weight a little faster:)

Onto other topics, it's Uncle Brad's birthday today. Maggie wishes Uncle Brad a very happy birthday. It's also football season, so Maggie got all dressed up in her Vandal gear yesterday. Of course being the dedicated alumni/real fans of our college football team we listened to the un-televised game on the radio. I don't really feel like commenting on it much though.

Well, that's all for now. I'll keep everyone posted on my new diet (did I mention Zac's doing it as well--he's so supportive) and Maggie's allergy recovery in the next post.

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend!!

No comments: