Monday, August 11, 2008

Magnolia Update 08-11-08




Today was a fabulous Maggie day. Of course I think this everyday, because I swear she gets more and more beautiful each day. Maggie put herself to sleep twice all on her own in her crib. This means I laid her in her crib while she was awake, and checked on her later to find her sleeping. No crying, no pacifier--it was grand! This might not be a big deal to many, but as a child development specialist who assists families whose children at age one, two and three years old cannot put themselves to sleep without any assistance I was pretty happy my two week old did it so easily. We'll definitely keep working on this. Now if we could get her to sleep in her crib at night instead of our bed (I think this is more my issue than hers, but Zac doesn't really know this yet--shhh)!


Maggie and I also got out to run some errands today--meaning we went to the post office to drop off our Netflix because we missed the mailman, and to hit up Dawson's for a latte. Apparently, Maggie doesn't appreciate this favorite past time of mommy's (getting coffee) too much yet. When I pulled up to Dawson's I had a screaming baby in the backseat, of course because the fabulous pacifier fell out of her mouth, and I had to practically yell my order to the barista. Ahh, motherhood is grand.


It's getting late, and I've got to get someone in their PJs, and read her Pajama Time. Enjoy the picture of Maggie and Boston hanging out waiting for Zac and I to get our shoes on for our evening walk.

No comments: