It's been awhile since I've posted an update and a lot has happened. Maggie turned one month old over the weekend. In the last few days she has started smiling more, and it seems a little more in response to attention. We went to go see Dr. Ally yesterday and Maggie smiled right at her as soon as she picked her up. I didn't think it was possible, but she's amazingly even more beautiful with a smile on her face.
We went to go see Dr. Ally because Maggie was getting quite upset during a lot of her feedings. I had postponed going in, assuming she was just frustrated with the milk coming too fast while I fed her, but she was getting pretty mad, and starting to look like she was in some pain. I figured since she sleeps on her stomach mostly, and is breastfed, it couldn't be reflux, but apparently that's what it most likely is--that with a little colic mixed in. Oh ya, she's also got baby acne (she's having kind of a rough week). She's on some medication for the reflux, and it seems to be helping already.
On Sunday, I ventured out all on my own for the first time after having her!! I think this can be difficult for some new mom's, but I really enjoyed myself. I ran some errands in the morning, and then got to meet Ashley in the afternoon for some coffee. Zac had a very rough first day of having Maggie on his own--she slept both times I was gone, and so did he!! We'll get him next time.
Sorry, no pictures this time. My camera battery is dead, but I'll get some new ones posted soon (maybe after the baby acne clears).
No comments:
Post a Comment