Today was a fantastic day. Last night we picked up that special tree, and if that wasn't exciting enough, we spent all morning exploring all our ornaments and picking that perfect spot for them on the tree. Maggie's perfect spot was of course right at the bottom, all clustered together...a new tradition, that little cluster of her favorite ornaments at the bottom of the tree.
As we hung every single apple ornament on the tree I didn't hear Maggie complain once. I remember Hailey, Sara and I finding it so incredibly cumbersome placing every, single, apple on my grandmother's tree. But really, I adore those apples now, and I appreciate that Zac, Maggie, and hopefully River too will appreciate the joy it brings me to add every, single, apple to our tree each year.
We also took a few twigs from our tree to add to a new nature table, changing with the season. This was a big transition for Miss Moo considering that collecting all the beautiful leaves of fall had become one of her favorite activities.
Then, if that wasn't enough excitement, Maggie and I got all fancied up to go see the Nutcracker ballet in Pullman at Beasely Coliseum. I wasn't quite sure how it would go, but she talks enough about ballerinas, I figured why not let her watch a ballet, especially one in which I have so many fond memories of seeing as a child.
When I mentioned to Gramma Amoo that I was thinking of taking Maggie she insisted that she purchase the tickets for us as a gift. No one is a bigger fan of the Nutcracker than my grandmother...she wanted to share this with Magnolia too, and since getting out to see it herself wouldn't be so easy, she wanted to make sure that we enjoyed it. And we did! I almost had to hold back tears as I watched my little girl watch that stage in awe, she couldn't even hold back her applause, and her big beautiful smile!
I can't wait to watch it all over again next year.
4 comments:
About them Apples! I realized you gave me all the small not so easy to hang ones. We may need to get together soon and sort them out a little more fairly. I was hoping for some pics of Moo at the Ballet.
What apples? I don't know what you're talking about.
I couldn't take any photos at the ballet---no flash photography.
"ooooh mags has a christmas tree, i can't wait to get our christmas tree" - Isabelle
If baby holds out we plan to bring isabelle to the nutcracker on Saturday... glad to hear it went well with maggie...did the rat scare her?...I'm a bit worried about that part for isabelle...
Caitlyn-I was worried about that part of the Nutcracker as well. We did a lot of talking before about how the mice were just ballerinas dressed up as mice, and that they were just pretending to be scary. The performance we saw actually made the mouse king humorous, so with the audience laughing throughout the fight scene Maggie did pretty well. She did tell me later that it was "a little bit scary."
I think Maggie is just as excited for Isabelle's to get a tree as Isabelle is! She keeps asking me each day if Isabelle has a tree yet...I think she just wants to make sure she is sharing the joy of the season with her best pal!
Post a Comment