Thursday, March 31, 2011

Painting Cookies





Grandma Crist suggested that Maggie might like to make some painted cookies from a recipe in The Cooky Book (the vintage Betty Crocker cookbook she had gotten me many years ago, which started my collection of antique cookbooks), so we gave it a try. Maggie had a blast as you can see! We went with a spring theme doing flowers and butterflies. She plans to share them with Aunt Sara and Uncle Brad (Baby Cousin hasn't quite been introduced to cookies yet) when they arrive this weekend. We are also planning on having our Spring celebration with the girls this weekend! Maggie's already noticing all the flowers blooming in our yard, she explored bulbs at coop kids, and her new favorite birds are those red chested Robins, which she searches for on our walks---we have quite a few in Moscow. I'll make sure and post some pics of the girls!

2 comments:

Sara Smith said...

Maybe baby cousin will try some cookie for the first time in Moscow. It might help fatten her up.

Grandma Crist said...

Oh I am so glad you guys did these! When I was a little girl, I used to look through that cook book all the time and want to make all of those creative types of cookies! I have made alot of them now, and it is fun to give these to other people, Maggie will feel so happy to give to her Aunt and Uncle and it teaches a very valuable form of hospitality! :) Looks like she enjoyed it too! I wish we would of made them when I was there!