Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Miracles Do Happen!

I only call this glimpse of my napping daughter a miracle, because she's gone 4 entire days without napping previous to this. I was ready to admit defeat, and accept that she may be outgrowing naps. Many almost three year olds often do stop napping. Maggie had been easily laying in her bed for 45 minutes reading books, and then would yell to me, "Mommy! I not tired. I ready to wake up!" At that point, what do you do? You get her up.
She would get through the rest of the day just fine until bedtime. Zac and I noticed that she was acting especially irritable and irrational during bedtime routines on the nights where she didn't nap that day. Mommy was also a bit frazzled by the end of the day!
In addition, I was approached to take on some work funded by a grant to develop infant and toddler resource materials that utilize our state's early learning guidelines. Probably a lot of work, but it sounds exciting. Exciting that is, until I think about doing all that work early in the morning or late at night. But now, with a quiet house, and a blissfully sleeping child upstairs...I feel as though I can do anything!

1 comment:

The Luangaphay Family said...

Send me the materials you create. I would love to read them. Miss you guys!