Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Baby Brother or Sister Update---28 Weeks

Well I found out today that I failed my glucose screen and I'm once again anemic. The anemia doesn't surprise me too much because I became anemic in the last trimester of pregnancy with Maggie as well. Next week I'll be doing a three hour glucose test to officially rule out gestational diabetes. Baby was either more mellow than usual, or I was just really busy last week, but I didn't feel too much moving around. This week however, my stomach is all over the place! I try to work in the evenings after Maggie goes to bed and I get so distracted when my stomach just starts bouncing around. Of course I have to distract Zac so he can watch with me. We both feel like this pregnancy is just moving so fast! At my doctor's visit on Monday I was caught by surprise when Dr. Shearer mentioned that we needed to start scheduling every other week now. I'm sure I had this dumbfounded look on my face, and I blurted out "Already?" She responded with, "Yes, you are officially in your last trimester now." Last trimester?!?!
I guess I don't want this pregnancy to rush by. I love being pregnant. I really do. Even with the fatigue, the horrid hip pain, and all the rest. There is nothing compared to carrying around a little life inside of you---guessing and wondering who that little person will be. This could very well be my last pregnancy too, and I want to enjoy it! I know everything will just fly by even faster once our little one is born! Zac and I were trying to remember Maggie as a baby yesterday, but it feels as though she's been a toddler forever.

Here are the 20 week ultrasound pictures of that little one that's been bouncing around inside me. Sorry I didn't get them posted 8 weeks ago! Enjoy!

P.S. I figure since we don't find out the gender we could at least share names. Who wants to know what they are? I think we've narrowed down the girl name now so I could share both, IF, everyone practices non-judgement, and doesn't become too attached, just in case it doesn't fit when we meet our little one. Let me know;)



4 comments:

Sara Smith said...

did you pick the name I mentioned?

Melissa Crist said...

Maybe, but you still don't know the middle name.

SarahShaw said...

Yes, share the names! No judgeing. Is the boy name the one you guys were thinking of when you were pregnant with Maggie? Because I really like Jesus. You should really consider it. :o) All kidding aside, whatever you pick will be perfect.

Melissa Crist said...

Bingo Sarah! If it's a boy, it will be Jesus Crist!