Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"Checkin' out books!"

I love writing posts about the little things that stick with me as I watch my daughter learn and grow each day. Today we headed to the library to check out some new books. Maggie marched right to the children's section, grabbed a chair, and started digging though the books. The whole time she's going through books, she's shouting "At library, checkin out boooooks!" I hope she wasn't too terribly distracting to everyone at the library, but mostly I think everyone there (book lovers as well) were just filled with a little joy watching such a young child demonstrate so much enthusiasm over checking out a library book.

As we hopped back into the car she told me that she NEEDED the Wheels on the Bus book we just checked out to read on the way home. She sat in the back seat "reading" her book all the way home (and this is the second time we've checked out this book!).

Enjoy the pic...

2 comments:

The Luangaphay Family said...

Just wanted to leave a comment to let you know that I check your blog everyday. I love reading it. So Pennington is going through this phase were he doesn't really want to be read to anymore. Every night at bedtime he puts up this big fuss about sitting on my lap and being read to. It makes me really sad. I think it is just a phase. My mom mentioned that today he went over to is bucket of books and dumped them all out and started to pretend to read them. I think there is hope that he will love books again.

Melissa Crist said...

Maggie did that too Jesikah! As soon as she got really mobile, she just seemed too busy to sit and read in the evenings. She continued to explore books on her own during that time like Pennington's doing!
It is tough though when you don't get those book reading cuddles in each night!