Tonight Magnolia came home from school with her first official, made it myself, mother's day gift. A beautiful potted spring garden! As she handed it to me she said a very adorable "Wuv you Mommy!"
I love, love, love, love you too Moo!
Preschool...Already???
Zac and I spent this morning interviewing and touring a preschool for Magnolia. Since Maggie will be transitioning out of Chris' loop next Fall (time has moved unbelievably fast!) we have to start getting on wait lists again. It really feels like we just went through all this, but we know with long wait lists, at schools we would want Magnolia to attend, our chances are slim as it is to get in, so we better do it now!
Zac and I are thinking that Magnolia will be able to attend full-time preschool when she's three, so this too limits our options. If we are looking for an accredited school in the downtown area, I'm pretty sure that means we have about four options. I've already ruled out two of the options based on curriculum/philosophy/organization, etc., and the third option is incredibly expensive with full time care being 9am-3pm, so that leaves really only one option for us---the school we visited today---it's a great school! Or, we completely overhaul our entire lives, Zac or I quit our job, we sell our house and such, and then we might be able to try something along the lines of cooperative preschool!...that's kind of a joke, but who knows, we'll see.
Lastly, here's just a bit of Zac and I's evening entertainment.
Magnolia learned to scoot her ottoman to her crib to climb in and play
(this lesson was taught and demonstrated by Parker, not Mommy and Daddy),
this is now a very fun activity.
3 comments:
I am excited to have Maggie come over tomarrow she is so cute and we will have to play babies!!!!
Did you check out the Children's school? Although you might have to find another job or sell your house!
@Jessica-
We did Jessica. It's funny, when we first looked at the cost of tuition, we thought "that doesn't look so bad." That's because we've been paying for infant care for 2 years though. It is pretty pricey for preschool. They offer a lot of scholarships, which if we can work it out to go there, and we get it, we'll be applying for as many as possible!
Post a Comment