Sunday, January 24, 2010

Vrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmm


Oh, it was only too funny, that I insisted Maggie ride in the race car at Fred Myers, to a husband who was opposed.
  • I insisted because Magnolia refuses to ride in the shopping cart if I'm anywhere near her, she would rather Mama hold her, or that she walk and hold Mama's hand---not convenient when you are trying to get some shopping done quickly.
  • Zac opposed because he insisted they were disgusting, trashing, or "red neck" as he referred to it, and they are not at all convenient to push.
Well the result was that MAMA pushed around possibly the loudest, squeakiest race car shopping cart ever. I had to back up all the way down an aisle, because there was not enough room to turn. Daddy got a good laugh in, and rolled his eyes quite a bit. Magnolia was thoroughly engaged in driving the entire time, did not demand to be held once.
She was quite the little race car driver, and I presume she will be driving a race car again soon.

4 comments:

Grandma Crist said...

How funny!

Grandma Crist said...

Those carts are very bulky, but Cousin Issac loves to ride in it too. And for Zac there are abtibacterial wipes at the front of the store entrance to clean them off first.... Not all people who use those are Rednecks some people just want to have fun!!!! I can't believe this message thing has worked for me again.. The first message I was trying to show Allen how it doesn't work and then I hit publish and there it was so I decided to write the rest of what I wanted to write. Maggie is soo cute!!!

Melissa Crist said...

Yay, Grandma Crist is back! Don't worry, we used wipes to clean the cart---lots of them! Zac didn't think that the people who use the carts are rednecks, he just doesn't want Maggie developing a strong interest in Nascar ("the" redneck sport). Maybe we need to plan a trip to Freddies together, so Magnolia and Cousin Issac can race (or ride together)!

Grandma Crist said...

That would be fun! There are two steering wheels on the cart but usually Issac moves from one to the other.