Tuesday, January 26, 2010

18 Month Old Stats

We saw Dr. Ally today for Magnolia's 18 month check-up. Right when Dr. Ally walked in she joked with me that "Well, Magnolia better be talking!" (I work with many of Dr. Ally's children that she refers for early intervention, many of which have speech/language delays). I spewed out Magnolia's current expressive language development, and Dr. Ally laughed and said, "Well good, because that's normal!"

Dr. Ally reviewed her ASQ (developmental screener), had us complete the M-CHAT (this is an Autism screener), and sat down to "play" with Maggie for a bit, just so she could get a good idea of Maggie's current development! I always wondered how Maggie would perform for someone who was assessing her development. I was quite surprised to realize I have quite the little performer! Ally was very pleased, and said, "You do know she's doing a lot of 2 year old tasks don't you?" I smiled and nodded:)

On the medical front Magnolia's ears still look perfect. Tubes are perfectly in place and doing their job. Magnolia's teeth looked great too, and Dr. Ally said they didn't even look pushed out at all with all the sucking of the bugsy. Magnolia did exceptionally well with her 2 immunizations. She cried out when she got them, but then got up like a champ to get dressed, take her coin from the nurse, and head to the ball machine to get a ball. Tonight she was a little more emotional then usual. Every time she'd look at her band-aid, she would say "owie," then start pretending to cry. I'm thinking I'll have to find a good doctor toy kit for her before her 24 month well baby!

Here are the those 18 month stats:
Weight: 22 lbs 13 oz 25%
Height: 31 1/2 inches 40%
Head Circumference: 75%

She's still on her own curve for head circumference and weight. I noticed all her pants were very short on her the last few weeks, so her surge in height wasn't too big a surprise today!

She's getting so big!!!!!
*I thought those of you who gave me advise on the bugsy situation might enjoy this picture I took this morning. We did our usual "nigh-nigh bugsy" routine, and then I find her in the corner of her room (hiding from me!!!) with two in her hand, Peppa in her other hand, and one in her mouth!*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't she soo darling and a little fiesty looking too! Just love it!

Grandma Crist said...

That anonymous comment was from grandma Crist :)

Sara Smith said...

According to my Dr. I'm not allowed to pick up or carry anything heavier then 20lbs. It will be interesting to see how that's going to work especially since she walks over to me and says "up" all the time.