Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend of Baby Showers

We had two baby showers this weekend. Well, I guess I had two, and Zac and Maggie had one. The first was for Zac's cousin Carrie who is expecting a baby boy next month. It was a great shower that included all family members, sort of a big friend's and family picnic. On Sunday I attended the baby shower of our good friend Jesikah, wife of Johnny, who is one of Zac's best childhood friends. Jesikah and Johnny are also expecting a baby boy. He's due in August. So, all these baby showers got me thinking. It wasn't that long ago that I was at my own baby shower. Now my baby's almost a year old. Where does the time go? It definitely goes by way too fast. I'm starting to get a little sad. I kept telling myself over this last year to make sure and take it all in---to cherish every cute, cuddly, baby moment. Now I wonder, do I remember every little milestone, every cute moment? Goodness, I hope so. Someone was talking the other day about how they've scrap booked all their baby moments. I used to scrapbook, but don't anymore. I thought to myself that maybe Maggie's blog is like my virtual scrapbook--all my baby moments written out with photo documentation. This makes me feel a little better! Now I've got to check the baby book and see how far behind I am before I have to start adding the details of her first birthday!

Here's some pictures of Maggie and Cousin Issac at Carrie's baby shower. They sure do enjoy playing with each other!


No comments: