Friday, March 20, 2009

The Magnolias

Preface: I call to schedule Maggie's next doctor's visit and the receptionist, says "Now which Magnolia is this? We have two." I respond, "Really? Wow, that's funny I've never heard the name Magnolia before we decided to use it."

So Maggie and I are at the coop (yes I know it's a co-op, but we call it the coop), and the woman standing next to me says "oh that's funny, we match." I turn around and notice she's carrying her baby in the exact brown New Native sling that I'm carrying Maggie in. She then asks "What's your baby's name?" I answer "Magnolia," and she says "No way! Her name is Magnolia too!" Then, "How old is she?" I answer "Almost 8 months old." She responds, "Really! She's eight months old!" Then of course I ask who her pediatrician is, and it's Dr. Zieba, Dr. Ally's partner. I explained to her how they had told me they had two Magnolias and how funny I thought that was. After all this she introduces me to her husband and mother-in-law and we exchanged business cards for a possible future play date. Hopefully it all works out and the Magnolias will get to know each other!

No comments: