Sunday, November 27, 2011

Play Spaces

We always have to make space to display all her creations. Lately, this has been a lot of collages and papers with her important letters.

A space to imitate her world...her little house space.

Still pulling out the finger paints, all process art!

Creation space in the basement.

One advantage of moving, again, is that somehow we ended up with even more space (that I'm not really allowed to fill with more furniture). So...we've got plenty of play space. We recently took all of Maggie's playroom down to the basement to make space for our house guests. She has really enjoyed that space. Zac set up his stereo so that he and Maggie can listen to a lot of what they call "loud music" without complaints from Mommy or River. She can also paint without caution, and we've got a utility sink down there for quick, and frequent, clean ups.
Now that all our guests are gone we decided to move some of our play items back upstairs. We had the discussion with Maggie that now that her brother is somehow getting places quickly he needs to share some space with her too. We've rearranged her spaces to fit in a little brother fun too! She was actually quite excited about it. I guess I was a bit concerned about how she'd feel about him encroaching on all her space.
And as I sit her blogging, she's down in the basement listening to some sort of jam band I assume, and creating away! Daddy is doing some wood working on a very special gift for her this year...and I'm getting a bit of peace.

2 comments:

Grandma Crist said...

Dear Maggie,
Grandma Crist wants you to put on some socks or slippers.... please.. it makes Grandma's feet cold when I see this picture!!! Love you :)

Melissa Crist said...

"I sure will Grandma Crist. Just one time for you."
-Magnolia