Thursday, August 18, 2011

Almost a Preschooler

It's almost time for Preschool!!!

Heading into the Niccolls Building to look in the windows of her new preschool, the U of I Child Development Lab

A house!

Didn't want to leave!

Maggie wanted to go explore at the Admin building as well

She found "her favorite boy" Joe Vandal
And she has told both Zac and I that she will not be shy next time she sees him, and she'll give him a high-five. We'll see about that.

Old Admin Steps

Maggie and I have stopped by the lab school a few times just so we can talk about her new school, and hopefully make her transition easier when the time comes. She often tells me, "But I might be sad that you aren't there." or "I may get tired and then I'll need my bed and tye-dye." I think she's got some reservations, but she's excited too. She asks for tons of details about what they will have outside to play with, or what kind of snack they will eat. She'll know a few of the children in her class, so that will help too. Her teachers will be scheduling their home visit soon, then we'll attend an open house, and she'll start in September for three mornings each week!
I'm very excited for her. And as a graduate of the FCS department who interned in the lab, I know I couldn't ask for a more DAP environment!

3 comments:

loramay said...

I don't remember doing a home visit or an open house. Did we do that and I am just forgetful? If not, what a wonderful edition to the program. We do lot's of home visits in Head Start and they are so helpful!

Melissa Crist said...

I remember the home visits, but not the open house! It's been awhile!

Sara Smith said...

I definitely remember the home visits but not the open house. That's when I first met "my little man" (since Janice reminded me I had no man in my life so I might as well take on a little 3 year old one). I'm pretty sure you know who I'm talking about Melissa and Lora. ;).