Friday, August 12, 2011

3 Year Olds Are HARD WORK!


If I didn't think that there were enough challenges in development around three years of age, then adding in 17 days of homelessness, and a week of utter chaos during this transition to our second home in six months was sure to make my three year old completely out of control! I think Maggie's just about hit her limit of no routine, disorganization and lack of personal space.

Towards the end of our visit to Boise she started having difficulties sharing space (and items) with Sage. By the end of the second week she seemed frantic about making things "hers." Hoarding items, grabbing things away from others, pushing people away, and just freaking out all the time! She's got an imaginary sister now that "says angry words" to her too (not sure what that's all about). I can't help but think it's going to take a good chunk of time to get her back to normalcy.
I'm trying to get us all settled, and get somewhat of a routine back. She also begins preschool at the University of Idaho Child Development Laboratory in a few weeks.

We took Maggie in for her 3 year well baby check. Stats were: height 36 inches/25%ile and weight 30.9 lbs/50%ile. The doctor gave her and "excellent" bill of health!

I want to throw out a BIG "thank you" to everyone who housed us, endured our chaos, and cared for us over these last few weeks. We would have been lost without it! And an extra special "thanks" on behalf of little Maggie Moo to Auntie Sara, Sagey, Caitlyn, Isabelle, and Grandma Crist for being so patient with her during this tough period!!!

Have to add a picture...
Here's Maggie and Isabelle during our stay at Isabelle's house. They are wrapped in their play silk capes helping prepare some potatoes for dinner.

No comments: