Thursday, May 26, 2011

Real Play!

Cuddling with their blankets and laughing hysterically!

Playdough! They took turns making each other something to eat.
And to my great surprise the one pair of playdough scissors were shared without any challenges!

Maggie had asked if her and Isabelle could go on a wagon ride to Coop Kids, but it was pouring rain when we left, so when the rain took a break they hoped in the wagon for a quick wagon ride to the library. I didn't realize this was such a fun thing to do, until hearing them squeal and laugh over every bump.

When we got back from the wagon ride the girls wanted to explore outside. They each picked a flower to bring in and place on the table for lunch, then they did some chalk art.

It's so interesting to watch the play of children together, versus the play of child and adult. Although Maggie and I have a fantastic time playing together each day, I'm just simply not a child any more, and that makes having friends invaluable. Isabelle joined Maggie and I Tuesday for a morning full of fun and play. The girls laughed, they chatted up a storm, they took turns using coveted toys, they negotiated play (Maggie wanted to play babies and Isabelle wanted to cook, so Isabelle made coffee and muffins for Maggie's baby), they explored together, and much, much more!

No comments: