Magnolia and I finally got over to Pullman to visit the discovery center there. It had been on our agenda ever since we had arrived in Moscow. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I wasn't sure that many of the activities were going to be developmentally appropriate for Maggie, and it's kind of a big expense for us to drive there and pay for admission, considering most the things we do in Moscow we walk to, and they're usually free. We couldn't have been more pleased though! There were TONS of great activities for young children, and it took Maggie forever just to leave one corner of the building. I couldn't believe how many great activity boxes they had for children either---it was sort of a teacher's dream! I'm hoping we'll be able to make a trip there once a month or so, and we may consider a membership. The membership is good for many discovery centers, including the one in Boise!
Enjoy the pics...

Petting a raccoon!
There were many animals for the children to "pet gently." Maggie was quite pleased to share with me that the coyote "is as soft as Boston!"

Digging for bones! In a giant table of lentils.

She was SO excited about all the manipulative boxes. She had to do this one because "Auntie Sara has bears for me and teacher Chris has this (a scale) for me"---so of course she already knew exactly what to do.

The live animal room was fantastic. Turtles, snakes, tarantulas, rats, geckos ("just like Auntie Hailey's"), and more...oh my!
In this picture she's pointing to the tarantula!

There were lots of blocks and other building apparatuses.
This is the "house" she built.
See...what fun! We can't wait to go back.
2 comments:
looks like fun minus the dead animals. We should take both the girls next time we're up there.
Sage would love it too. They had an infant climbing area, and book area for infants and young children. The dead animals were actually quite fun. I'm sure that they weren't hunted though, probably just road kill.
Post a Comment