It's been awhile since Mommy has written you a letter. We've had lots of time the last three months with each other, and I've been watching you first hand grow into quite the little girl! I realized yesterday I really can't call you a toddler any more. You're certainly turning into quite the "preschooler." Everything is so incredibly interesting to you right now. You have to list off all the letters you see on every sign we pass. You must also type those amazing letters on the computer to make the names of the people (and pets) you love. You have mastered that incredible tool we call "scissors" and now you must cut about everything! We've had some interesting conversations about what is okay to cut and what isn't. Frequently you tell me "Teach me Mommy!" when you encounter something new that you know you don't quite know enough about yet. I hope so much for you that your internal drive to learn sticks with you your whole life---there will always be new things to explore and learn about, and doing so will only help you to better understand yourself and what makes you who you are.
I can't deny it now either, but you certainly have this feisty streak about you. You feel everything 100% and you have no difficulties expressing how you feel. You feel many, many different feelings each day, but you're beginning to talk to me more about those feelings, and you are really trying to problem solve the best way to handle it. I'm not going to lie though---some days this makes your mommy very, very tired!
You seem to be enjoying living in Moscow very much. According to you, you have cows, grizzly bears, and big horn sheep in Moscow, and you actually refer to them in the possessive form, as though they are actually your cows, grizzlies, and big horns. You love that we can walk to the library and I'm certain that we couldn't check out enough books for you to ever get bored.
Very soon our lives are going to change---a lot! I'm going to be a mommy to another little one, and you are going to take on the very important role of being a big sister. So many people tell me that they think you are going to be a great sister, especially when they watch you carefully care for your baby dolls. I know this too. You ARE going to be an amazing sister.
Miss Magnolia, I just adore you! My love continues to grow for you (incredibly so) each day.
Mama
1 comment:
sniff sniff so sweet.
Post a Comment