Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Life in Moscow

Is amazingly simple. Which is such a change of pace for us. I was so worried about this big life transition for Maggie and she seems to be doing quite well. She comments frequently about her "new home" which makes me realize she's really processing that things are different, and that our home is here now. She's been acting out a bit in public, but considering all the errands she has had to endure with me, I'm understanding the way she's reacting.
She is absolutely loving that we live so close to Russel Elementary, where she gets to watch the "big kids"play during the day, and then we get to go and play there as well in the afternoon. She loves that we can walk to our library, and she especially loved that she found a Signing Time DVD on her first visit there. She loves that Vandals are everywhere, and she can't wait to see "her favorite boy" (Joe Vandal). She is enthralled by the ice and water dispenser on the refrigerator, and fills up about 5 cups of water a day. She loves going up and down the stairs, and choosing which potty she is going to use.
Tomorrow we are going to the preschool story time, and next week we plan to visit the Parent/Toddler Cooperative playgroup to see if it's a good fit for us.
Next week, after we are all unpacked and a little more settled, hopefully we will start getting settled into more of a routine.

For those friends that we weren't able to get together with before we left, I'm so sorry. We were unbelievably busy those last three weeks, and were living in complete chaos. I PROMISE that we will get together when we get to Boise, when we'll actually have more time to visit and socialize then our busy life allowed previously. We already miss all of you. And don't forget...you are always welcome to visit us in Moscow!

To family, I don't know quite what to say. As usual, I'm humbled by your love and support. Every time we think "maybe we can do this on our own" we realize that we can't get by without the support of our loved ones. To those of you who helped us pack, clean, cared for Maggie, cared for Boston, shared words of encouragement and love, prepared to sell our home, etc.----WE LOVE YOU!!!!!! Please visit soon, call often, and Skype us lots, and we'll see you on our next visit to Boise before you know it.

Stay posted for more updates. We still don't have Internet, so updates may be coming less often for a bit, and late in the evenings when I sneak away for a decaf and some blog time at One World:)

1 comment:

The Luangaphay Family said...

Seeing your sister today made me really miss you. I know you already know this but you and Sara have many of the same mannerisms so I sort of felt like I was hanging out with you today. Hopefully Sara and I will find more time to get Sage and Piper together. That way I can get more updates on how your family is doing. Miss you guys!!!