Sunday, October 25, 2009

She's really not a baby anymore, is she?

Today was the day. The official day. The day I realized that my little girl is exactly that...a little girl! I'm not sure if it was the pigtails that I went ahead and put in her hair, or ALL the words she said today. It might have been just how busy and independent she was all day. Even when we went grocery shopping she insisted on walking next to us. It could have been that she's drinking now from an open lid cup---which makes her even look like a big kid! I'm not really sure what it was exactly, but I definitely know that I don't have a baby anymore. Zac and I just watched our little daughter in amazement all day, just taking it all in. That this little person is what has become of our baby! I can't say for sure how I feel. I think I feel a lot of things. Happy. Sad. Joyous. Grief. All just part of being a mother I guess.

Enjoy this picture I took today of Miss Magnolia Annabelle Crist...

No comments: