Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sneaky Peeky Paci Finder

I helped Maggie say "bye-bye" to her paci when she woke up the other morning. Oh don't worry, this wasn't an "official" good-bye or anything, just a "I'll see you at nap time good-bye," She glared at me, grunted, and then I helped her place paci back in her crib. Earlier I had scavenged around the house for spare pacis, fairly confident I had gotten them all.

So as Mommy is trying to get some work done, suddenly I realize I haven't heard or seen my daughter for a few minutes--every parent of an almost toddler knows this equates to them getting into something that they most likely shouldn't be getting into.

Well I found her...

As you see there is a paci in her mouth.

As you can also see, she's reaching into her crib for the one I made her leave in her crib when she woke up.

What you might not notice is that she had to actually crawl under her crib to get to this corner of the room, where apparently she has stashed some emergency pacifiers----sooooo sneaky that Moo!

Here's just a few more pictures I thought might interest all of you.

Almost every nap, and each night we find an appendage hanging out of the crib--it's just how she sleeps now. Look at those cute feet!!!


Stylin' the vintage t-shirt compliments of Mommy and Auntie Sara's classic 80's wardrobe. If you think this one is awesome you should see the rest! She's also wearing her "camping pants from Omah. Although I'm fairly confident they are supposed to be capris, but she's still a shorty with mini feet as well.
(oh ya, I gave up on trying to keep the pacifiers in the crib for naps and bedtime only, this will be Mommy's homework the rest of the week!)


1 comment:

Auntie Hailey said...

this story is so cute and makes me smile every time i read it! I need to come see her asap, it's been way too long... and a big birthday is coming up too! woo hoo!!