Thursday, July 23, 2009

IT'S HERE!!!! OUR BEAUTIFUL MAGNOLIA ANNABELLE IS ONE YEAR OLD TODAY!

Maggie and I have had a great morning. We went to baby story time at the library, had a snack at the Anne Frank Memorial--she loves the water feature, and I made her favorite lunch (anything that includes avocado), now she's taking a nice rest.

I'm going to do another post tonight with pictures, but I thought it might be nice to share the most memorable top ten moments since July 23, 2008.

10. Okay, this was actually July 22, 2008, but it was way too funny when Sara insisted I go over and check out the wedding photos, after a long walk to induce labor, and my water broke all over their house!
9. That first night in the hospital when Zac and I realized that doing a "natural" childbirth means your baby isn't anesthetized, and will be wide awake ALL night!
8. Memorable, just because I'll never forget it, but the day Maggie and I met Zac for lunch at his office, and we discovered that first bloody diaper. That was the day I went on the diet, which lasted for six months--well worth it though!!!!!!
7. That first afternoon Maggie napped in her crib. She looked so small!
6. Seeing my grandmother hold Maggie (whom Maggie is named after) for the first time. And ever since watching the pure joy Maggie brings out in Gramma-Gramma!
5. The first time Maggie curled up right on Zac's chest and fell asleep. It was when I realized that my husband is an amazing father. Also, that Maggie is a lot like her daddy--they both woke up so sweaty from that rest!
4. When Maggie ate rice cereal for the first time. I realized at that very first feeding of solid foods that she had a great love of food!
3. Our first family trip to Moscow. Not only did Maggie do great on that long car ride, but she was so happy all weekend, and of course Mommy and Daddy were too--we were in Moscow!
2. Watching her roll over from back to stomach on our trip to McCall. For some reason this milestone sticks out way more than the rest. Probably because she did it for Zac, Sara and Brad like three times before I actually saw it.
1. The first time I held my beautiful daughter in my arms, and brought her to my breast. Zac, Sara and I had to laugh when the nurse thought she had to "help" Maggie latch, and then we all watched Maggie scooch up a little, latch on herself, and start sucking without any problems. The nurse commented, "Wow, I haven't seen that before!"

I love you so, Miss Magnolia! Enjoy your very first birthday beautiful girl!

Mommy

2 comments:

The Luangaphay Family said...

Okay so I am defintiely a mom now. I cried reading your top ten list.

Melissa Crist said...

I can't wait to read your top 10 in a year!!! Enjoy this first year of motherhood, it will go by so fast.