Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Daddy Week

It's August! After postponing and postponing school work, I realized the Fall semester starts very soon...like in a week soon, and I had have some serious work to get done before then. Zac had taken this week off in advance thinking we might travel to the Sandpoint music festival, so we made a switch in plans and decided that instead he would take the role of stay-at-home dad and I would head to campus each morning to start pouring over more research on inclusive childcare for toddlers and get writing...thesis proposal in progress!

Zac always does so well taking over as the stay-at-home parent. He insists that he would love to do it full-time. I generally always walk in at the end of the day to a family in good spirits, and lots of evidence all around me of some serious playing. A colleague once told me that if a father can watch their children all day, and everyone is alive and happy...well, then you let things like the house being messy go. I do remind him though that the full-time position also requires doing the laundry, grocery shopping, regular mealtimes, outdoor play, play date scheduling and participation in community activities...he says "I could do that!" Then he went grocery shopping (with both kids).
I uploaded the photos and found some evidence of fun at home with daddy...a tea party. 
With baby dolls and all.

1 comment:

Grandma Crist said...

how precious! He is a good Dad, I am proud of my son! :)