Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mommy Reality Check: Embarrassment

Mothers should expect to be embarrassed, on multiple occasions.

Such as yesterday when Magnolia, River and I were just about done with our way too long grocery shopping adventure and I could see Magnolia winding up into meltdown mode...she was tired and hungry. She asked to help me get my bulk coffee, and when I chose a coffee that was too high for her to reach, she lost it...screaming, crying, I believe she even tried to hit me once, right in the middle of the co-op. Finally I just had to walk away from her, because attempts to calm her were just making it worse. She did eventually calm down...as we were leaving. When we arrived home she calmly walked in and said, "Mommy, I just got really mad. I really wanted to help you get coffee." Oh, I know Ms. Magnolia, boy do I know.

Sorry to those who either heard or saw the hungry/tired/been shopping way too long show!

Then, today...we are at the drug store picking up a few items (maybe I should never, ever plan on shopping with my children alone), we are leaving the store, babies in buggy, when a gigantic bee flies into the buggy. There I am in the parking lot, I'm on the phone with Zac, leaving one hand to swat this giant beast off my children. It was a persistent little bastard so both of my feet were required as well. Only after it finally gave up did I stop and realize I was in the middle of a parking lot, blocking cars, swinging at a bee (that other's probably couldn't see) with my one available hand and kicking at it with both feet.

I tried to just stroll away as if nothing had ever happened.

Right after above mentioned bee incident.


No comments: