Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkins!!

On Sunday our friends Britt, Erik, Mark, Mick and Conn joined us for our first batch of chili for the season and some pumpkin carving. After watching the boys work on their pumpkins for awhile Maggie finally decided she was ready to give Daddy some details on how she wanted her pumpkin carved, she even helped some! We ended the evening watching all the little ones play. Maggie spent most of the evening cautiously watching the boys, but after awhile started getting a little more daring, trying to jump (literally) into their boy play! After Britt, Erik and the boys left Maggie said "I want to be a BOY when I grow up." I can see why, they sure do have a lot of fun!!!
Maggie's pumpkin, Conn and Mick
Maggie refused at the last minute to take part in the photograph

Designing her pumpkin!


Conn helped paint River's toes for his pumpkin!

Mark's painted masterpiece!

And as always, after pumpkin carving, it will be a day filled with baking pumpkin cookies and roasting pumpkin seeds!!

1 comment:

Sara Smith said...

I need you to send me the pumpkin cookie recipe.