Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I Love...


I love how her eyes light up every time she smiles, like she's actually smiling with her eyes. I love how she curls in her little toes or uses them to balance herself when she's reaching for something on her tummy. I love her big open mouth kisses that cover my whole face. I love those giggles that inevitably always end in hiccups. I love it when she reaches for me, then buries her face in my shoulder. I love it when she looks for her daddy every time he leaves the room, and then smiles soo big as soon as he returns. I love it when I greet her in the morning and she's at the very corner of her crib waiting for me, just kicking her legs in contentment. I love it when she knocks over a big tower of blocks then looks to me and smiles--so proud of herself. I love it when she sees her dog and starts bouncing up and down and reaching for her, like she's the best toy ever! I love it when she grabs at her spoon or cup and communicates quite effectively that "I can do it myself!" I love it when she curls up next to me for a nap, and wakes up all sweaty. I love it when she pats her mouth to make that cool "ahh ahh ahh" sound. I love listening to her explore all her new sounds while she lays in her crib, like "dadee" or "ma" or "dadadada" or "babababa." I love it when she hides her face in the bed then pops up waiting for a "boo." I love watching her wave at anything and everyone lately, as she tries to figure out this new social gesture she's learned. I love her first little tooth, that one there on the bottom right in front. I love watching her sleep all curled up on her side. I love watching her work so hard to get something out of reach, and persisting until she gets it. I love it when I see her after we've been seperated and she looks at me like, "I've missed you too mommy."

Most of all, I love waking up every day just knowing she's going to give me so many things to fall in love with all over again.

4 comments:

Grandma Crist said...

Maggie sure is sweet and I love her too.

Gonzo said...

I loved this post, and I love my little Magnolia too!

Grandma Crist said...

The things I love are Maggie's tiny, delicate hands that are always a little sweaty, and her tender little toes, also hearing that when she wakes up she is sweaty, that is how her Dad was too and his hair would be all curly and cheeks all rosy, so darling! I bet Zac loves this post even more now that I told everyone this!!!!

Auntie Hailey said...

I cant wait to come back this summer and have a million more things to love about this beautiful girl!