Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mommy Loves Magnolia!


Maggie and I had a wonderful day together. Her school is closed Wed.-Fri. so I took today and Friday off. We slept in and cuddled this morning, played, read books, she took a nice long nap (thank goodness), we went on a few walks--we're completely in love with each other if you couldn't tell!

Update on Maggie's food allergies: Since Maggie's four months now, I will be reintroducing soy to my diet to see is she's allergic. When we first realized she had the milk protein allergy (the dreaded day of the first diaper filled with blood) I opted to eliminate soy as well due to the occurrence of soy allergies with milk protein allergies (30-60%). I'm not looking forward to this at all. It was so horrible those first few weeks before we realized she had an allergy---watching her squirm and scream in pain as she ate, and then to change the diapers full of bloody stools. I'm hoping for the best though! Soy, like milk proteins, is in EVERYTHING! It would definitely be nice to add a few more things back into my diet. If she isn't allergic to soy, we would then have the option of doing a soy based formula if we had to switch to formula for some reason. As most of you know, I'm hoping this will never be the case, because if she's going to outgrow this allergy she needs the antibodies in my breast milk which essentially "paint" the inside of her intestines against offending allergens. With food allergies being very dangerous, and sometimes life-threatening, lets hope Miss Maggie isn't allergic to anything else, and that her little body can soon outgrow this allergy.

Wish us luck, and we'll keep you updated!!

No comments: